Sunday, June 24, 2012

Results of Meal Plan Challenge, Week of June 17

Last weekend, I wrote about how I wanted to plan our meals a bit more so we could curb our eating out habit. Well it turned out pretty well. Life got in the way a couple times, like on Thursday my co-workers had a going away party for one of our student therapists so we went out for dinner. We decided to do date night on Friday instead of Saturday so we ate out Friday night, then when Saturday night rolled around I ate dinner at home but Paul just ate popcorn at the theatre for dinner. Me eating dinner at home really curbed how much junkfood I ate at the theatre (just a few handfuls of popcorn and some diet coke) so I am going to try to do that from now on to limit calories. So this is how our week really turned out:

Sunday: Chicken fajitas (planned)
Monday: Turkey Chili (planned)
Tuesday: Red curry chicken skewers (planned)
Wednesday: Jamaican Jerk Salmon (planned)
Thursday: Out (not planned)
Friday: Date night (planned for Saturday)
Saturday: Chicken and Black bean quesadillas (planned for Thursday)

So as you can see some things got switched around but the majority of the week we stuck to the plan! As for photos I only remembered to take one ... this is the red curry chicken we made using the Real Simple recipe.


No skewers we used and we sauteed the chicken in a pan, not on the grill. On the side I made a simple stir fr of sugar snap peas, onion, slivered almonds, and sesame oil which was really good.

I'll try to take more pictures this week! Now I'm off to make my next weekly meal plan ...

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on a great week of eating healthy, real food! When you cook it yourself, you know what's in it. Don't forget the pictures next week! :)

    ReplyDelete